What to Bring to the Conference
For your convenience, we have created a checklist of items you will need for the arrangement conference.
- Veteran’s discharge papers (DD -214) – We need these documents to secure a flag for burial, and to otherwise assist you in applying for military burial benefits, eligibility, filing and advance planning.
- Social Security Number – We will notify the Social Security Administration of the death on your behalf. Please let us know if there are any dependents that may be eligible for benefits. We also need the social security number for the death certificate.
- Insurance policies, pre-need or pre-arrangement policies – insurance can make a difference. We’ll review your policies with you, and make sure you understand them. We’ll also provide any pre-need planning information the person who died may have on file with us.
- Health Care Directive if you are not the legal next of kin.
- Completed obituary guidance form.
- Vital statistics and doctor’s contact information.
- Clergy or spiritual advisor name and phone number.
- Clothing, cosmetics, jewelry, glasses/dentures and other personal items (as applicable) – Please consider and bring with you appropriate clothing including underwear, shoes, glasses, and dentures. Jewelry and other remembrance items can be returned.
- Photos – Select several photos to choose from for the obituary. You can either bring them to the arrangement conference or email them to us prior to our meeting.